I’ve only made these a couple of times and each time they’ve come out slightly different in texture, some were crumbly some were not - still tasted delicious though. Let me know if you have come up with a better ratio and we’ll post an update.
- 125 g Oats
- 30 g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 45 g mini chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp Mabel & Joys Balance Organic Cacao Superfoods booster
- 1.2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 190 g Peanut butter
- 90 g honey
- 2 tsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper in preparation for what is to come.
- In a large bowl stir in and combine the dry ingredients. Then stir in the peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. The resulting mixture should be slightly crumbly. If it’s too dry gradually stir in the milk.
- Roll the mixture into balls, placing them onto the prepared baking tray. Refrigerate until chilled before allowing the starving hoard access.
Paleo Ingredients (substitute for above)
- Whilst oats are not Paleo, I have been informed that sometimes oats are acceptable (please email us if they are just not acceptable, and let us know of a fantastic Paleo protein bliss ball recipe)
- Please substitute with a Paleo flour of your choosing such as Almond or Tapioca flour - probably don't go with Coconut flour as there is already coconut flakes and you'll end up with a Coconut bliss ball - although this might be such a bad idea after all!
- Milk is a tricky one. Again Coconut milk seems to be the easy go to, but let's not make this coconut, on coconut, on coconut balls.
If you're starting out on your paleo journey or simply reaching for substitutes, take a look at Paleo Leap for some great substitution ideas.
You can roll the balls into more coconut after for a more coconutty look, and feel free to substitute with your preferred milk, or nut butter rather than using peanut butter. The choc chips can also be dispensed with if you're prefer. Our Balance blend already includes Cacao and therefore has the flavour profile, just add another Tbsp of Balance blend to the mix.
If you have a tried and true Peanut Butter recipe you’d love to share with us, please send through to email@example.com, and we’d love to feature this recipe on our blog. Of course we’d give you a gold star, and you’d be our favourite person, if you could include our superfood powder blends in the mix! Might even include a special something, something as an added bonus.