Our version of Ferrero Rocher balls, with a Mabel & Joy twist.
1 cup Hazelnuts (approx. 12)
- 2 Tbsp Mabel & Joy’s Balance Superfood powder
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (remove the Vanilla Extract for Paleo)
- 1/8 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate cut into chunks (remove the Vanilla Extract for Paleo)
- Add Hazelnut butter for Paleo only
- Add cup of Hazelnuts into a food processor and chop onto small pieces. Make sure the blade is suited for dry ingredient chopping. Do not over chop or you'll end up with Hazelnut meal.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the dry mix in the food processor and pulse until ingredients start sticking together.
- Add water, 1 tsp at a time, until the mixture starts to bind together. Be careful at this stage not to add too much water.
- Now comes the fun part! Roll the mixture into bite sized balls and insert one of the Hazelnuts into the centre of each, forming the ball of mixture around it.
- Continue until all the mixture is used up.
- Chop the remaining Hazelnuts into tiny pieces and roll each of the balls in the Hazelnuts coating them.
The balls can be enjoyed straight away or stored in the fridge for later.