Feeling particularly productive, I asked my husband would he prefer bliss balls, a slice, biscuits or muffins as a treat. He couldn't decide, and nor could I frankly, so I decided to go with these absolutely moreish cake-like biscuits. Called Brookies by who knows who, these cross brownies and cookies (biscuits). Cup of tea and one (or two of these), and I am set.
1tbsp BALANCE Organic Cacao Superfoods Booster (plus a tbsp hot water)
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup runny peanut butter
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla paste
Method1. Preheat your oven to 180C.
2. Mix the Balance blend with the hot water to combine.
3. Add all ingredients into the same bowl, and mix until the batter forms. It might look loose initially, though keep mixing and it will stiffen.
4. Spray cooking oil onto you hands, and then form around 7 large brookies, or 10 small brookies onto a lined tray. Flatten them with a fork, or your palm.
5. Bake the brookies for around 10-12 minutes, checking after 10mins. They will be cake-like in texture, and will continue to cook after removed from the oven.
5. Cool on a wire rack, if you haven't consumed them from the tray (not saying I did of course...).