Top with Peanut Butter frosting for extra decadence.
Ingredients1 cup almond meal
½ cup self raising flour*
¼ cup BALANCE blend
¼ cup light olive oil
¼ cup almond milk (you could use rice, oat or cow milk if preferred)
2 tbls brown rice syrup (or maple syrup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
* To make these GF, omit flour and double almond meal, adding ¼ tsp baking powder and ½ tsp baking soda.
Method1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tin (or loaf tin, 23x13cm).
2. Mix almond meal, flour and BALANCE blend together.
3. In another bowl, mix eggs, oil, milk, vanilla and brown rice syrup together, before adding it to the dry ingredients.
4. Fill muffin tin with mix, and bake for 20mins, or until cooked (check with a skewer). If using a loaf tin, check after 25mins. You may need to bake it for an additional time, though can cover with foil if the top is getting too cooked.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 15mins, before placing on a wire tray.
6. Eat as is, or top with Peanut Butter frosting.