Ingredients1 tbsp black chia seeds
½ cup brown rice syrup
1½ cups rolled oats
½ cup wholemeal spelt flour
½ cup dried figs, finely chopped
1 cup flaked almonds
3 tbsp Mabel & Joy Balance Organic Cacao Superfoods Booster
½ cup almonds, chopped
Method1. Preheat oven to 160C, and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray.
2. Combine ¼ cup water with the black chia seeds in a small bowl. Set aside for 15 mins.
3. Combine brown rice syrup, oats, flour, figs, BALANCE blend and flaked almonds in bowl. Add chia mixture and combine well.
4. Place mixture in the lined tray. Finish with scattered almonds over the top.
5. Bake for 15-20 mins. Do not over-bake, unless you want a harder crunch.
6. Allow to cool completely in tray, before removing to cool on a wire rack.
7. Drizzle with vegan chocolate drizzle (optional), and cut with a serrated knife into bars.