1 cup pitted dates, chopped
1 cup ground almonds
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 tblsp melted coconut oil
pinch of unrefined salt
⅔ cup cashews, soaked 3 – 6 hours
⅔ cup coconut cream
¼ cup melted coconut oil
Juice of ½ lemon, about 2 tblsp
3 tblsp rice malt syrup
3 tbsp Mabel & Joy Restore Organic Berry Superfoods Booster
2/3 cup melted virgin coconut oil
3 tblsp cacao powder
1 tblsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup OR 150g good quality 70% chocolate, melted
Method1. Line the base of a 20 x 20cm slice tin with baking paper and lightly grease the sides with coconut oil.
2. Place the chopped dates in a sieve and rinse with 1 cup boiling water to soften, drain well.
3. In a food processor combine the dates and remaining base ingredients and process until the mixture holds together. Press firmly into the prepared tin, chill while preparing the berry layer.
4. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and place into a blender or food processor. Add the creamed coconut, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, lemon juice and Mabel & Joy's Restore Booster and process until silky smooth. Pour this over the base and chill for 2 hours to set.
5. Whisk in the cacao powder and sweetener with the melted coconut oil. Pour over the berry layer. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
6. Once set cut into 25 squares. Keep the slice chilled, as it will soften at room temperature. Consume within 3 days, or freeze and eat within 2 weeks.